Sunday 17 January 2016

Starting an Adventure...

In May of last year I decided to finally take the first step towards my dream job.  I jumped into finding out where I would have to go to get the appropriate qualifications to make what was at that moment a dream into what would be a reality. Was it scary? Absolutely! I had no idea where to even begin. All I knew was that I wanted to promote the health and wellbeing of horses.  I learned about CHA (Certified Horsemanship Association). This association strives to do what is best for the horse while paying close attention to the safety of the rider.  As a Mom of 2 little boys safety is always a huge concern for me.  I immediately started researching what I had to do to become a CHA Certified Riding Instructor.

Shortly after learning about CHA, I found out about Equi-Health Canada, an organization that developed courses to teach horse owners proper First Aid for their Equine companions.  Having had a few horses in my life require First Aid on more than 1 occasion, I had to find out more.  It wasn't long after seeing that fateful ad on Facebook that I was registered to become an Equine First Aid Instructor. 

By the end of October 2015, I was a CHA Certified Riding Instructor and an Equi-Health First Aid Instructor! I am continuing to work at growing Lily Ridge Riding to be bigger, better, and stronger.  

This is a very simple version of the story.  Over the past 9 months I have hit my fair share of speed bumps.  These bumps are never easy when you are working on making it to your dream.  I very likely would not have made it as fair as I have without the support and encouragement of my amazing husband.  Sometimes it is hard to remember that everyone had to start from the bottom.  

My experiences are showing me that has much as roadblocks and speed bumps hurt, they have a way of making the high points feel so much better.  When push comes to shove I am an extremely lucky girl to be able to have a chance at a career that I am passionate about and absolutely love!  Couple this with an awesome husband and 2 fantastic little boys and I have it made. 

Thanks for taking the time to hear my story.  I promise they won't all be as heavy as this.  Stay tuned to hear more about what is happening with Lily Ridge!

God Bless,
Lily Ridge Riding



No comments:

Post a Comment